Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ornament Exchange ... because that's how us bloggers roll

I signed up for an ornament exchange this year. And before you’re all “oh how desperate housewives of you” ok ... well ... hmm ... ok ... bite me, it’s fun. I like fun.


And on typical years (not so much this year) I love the holidays. I love decorating, drinking, cooking, seeing family and friends, drinking more, the smell of Christmas trees, decorating more, wrapping gifts, shopping for gifts (online), drinking more, dressing the kids up like mini santa’s, watching Christmas movies, eating too much....I love it all. I love the holidays.


So naturally, when fellow bloggers announced that they were doing an ornament exchange...I was all “oh oh....me too....i want in!” In fact, I started looking for the most ridiculous and/or asinine ornament that I could possibly find. And when that failed... I looked everywhere for an ornament that in some way related to blogging with no luck (maybe I should create one...and sell it for tons and become rich .... does it work that easy? No? Ok).

And so my search began ... for a fun and out-of-the-ordinary ornament. Now, if there is one thing to know about my husband around the Holidays, well ... no, there are three main things to know about Chad around the holidays:


1.) He loves Christmas music. As does his best friend (hi Wang - by the way Wang, Chad said to tell you that our tree is "husky"... not sure what that means). They sing Christmas songs year round. In fact, they sang them at our wedding - on the bus from the wedding reception to the hotel (and people still bring this up).


2.) He loves Chevy Chase movies - specifically Christmas Vacation.


3.) He loves the Moose Mugs from Christmas Vacation (do you see where this is going?)


He loves them so much that two years ago I went on a mad search of the internet to find them for him. And long story short, we now have moose mugs that come out every Christmas.

Naturally, when I saw that amazon had moose mug ornaments ... I had to buy one. And what better way to share the moose-mug-joy than through this ornament exchange?


So, you can imagine my confusion when I opened the box from my ornament exchange buddy (Terri) and it was a moose mug ornament. I sort of scratched my head, looked at the packaging slip, scratched my head more, looked at the slip more ... and this went on for entirely too long before I finally realized that she had sent me the same exact ornament.

The coincidence is somewhat unbelievable to me. But it was a much needed laugh. Great minds think alike I guess. That ... or Chad and I are not the only ones that think Christmas Vacation is a funny movie (I like to think it's the 'great-minds' version though).

I have to point out - this is the statement on the side of the ornament box...


Note: Special thanks to Karen and Shannon for putting on the ornament exchange.


Yet another note: The blogging community has been so very supportive in this very difficult time. And I can’t begin to explain how much I appreciate it. Love you guys!



3 comments:

Karen At Home said...

Are you kidding? You sent and recieved the same ornament? That is awesome! I want one! That is one of our all time favorite Chritmas movies.

I am sorry to hear about your loss, my prayers are with you.

Karen

Bilbo said...

Hope that you had a good Christmas in spite of everything. Best wishes from the Bilbo household for a better new year!

Cathedral Square Gallery said...

LOL! I did the same thing! First I thought "uh oh, they sent the ornament to me instead of Chrissy" then after looking at the packing slip again and seeing your name I realized what had happened!!! LOL!

Glad you are feeling better! Sorry about your grandma. Hugs to you! Happy New Year! Terri (this is gallery blog .... but it's me!!)