Saturday, October 2, 2010

Our Bet

Chad and I made a bet this morning. A simple, harmless bet. Heavily loaded…but harmless (I say with a smirk).

You see, our contractor (that has been working on our kitchen and basement due to a broken line and flood) has still not finished our house (I say the word “still” with a very long emphasis on the “ill”). And, in an effort to not nag Chad about it (anymore...you know...since it's been MONTHS since the renovation started (and two months since the contractor has even been here) I have instead decided to use this as an opportunity to torture him … slowly.

And before you ask why I get to torture him for someone that we hired…I’d like to point out two things (read: three things):
1.) I didn’t hire him…in fact, I told Chad not to hire him (but I am not using the words “I told you so” here…not at all)
2.) Chad himself told me that I could not talk to the contractor…because I have a tendency to “be mean.”
(3.) I’m a woman…and a wife…we nag and torture…it’s just a fact)


The Terms:

Winnings:
If I win this bet (and the contractor does not 100% finish the house) - Chad has to write a long and relevant (to this blog) blog post. With pictures, links to stuff (if appropriate) and wit (not that I am always witty)

If he wins this bet (which he won't) - I have to wear an OSU shirt (for those of you that don't know - I'm from Michigan), AND I have to go to a bar (to watch whatever bowl game they play in) AND cheer for them. Have I mentioned... I hate sports?

The bet:
The contractor won’t finish our house by January 1, 2011. Sad you say…yes - yes it is. Expect a very very well written, witty blog post from Chad on this blog in January 2011.

1 comment:

Bilbo said...

We have a friend who hired a contractor to remodel their bathroom. Not only didn't he finish, he badly botched what little he did do, then fled town, leaving his tools behind. Our friend, who is not a lady you want to piss off, made it her job to track him down and wreck him...and she did. It was ugly, but satisfying.