Wednesday, September 1, 2010

One of those days

Today was one of those days. And I can’t even pin point why. I wouldn't call it bad, or good, or anything really. It was just one of those days that flew by - and I feel like I accomplished nothing. When I became a stay-at-home mom, I mistakenly thought I would have buttloads of time to come up with fun crafts for my kids, make elaborate dinner's - from scratch, steam clean nooks and crannies in my house, you know…things that nobody really has time for.

When I got Carter out of bed, he immediately called me a “bad dog” and smacked me. Which resulted in a long talk about hitting, feelings and name calling…and of course a two year old testing his limits, and a time out – all before 8am.

This event was quickly followed by me rushing to get Carter to school on time (why am I always running 15 minutes behind schedule - and what's the big deal if a 2 year old gets to pre-preschool on time? Will he miss some life-changing rendition of "the wheels on the bus?"), getting thrown-up on by Avery (yet continuing to wear the outfit), getting both kids to the car, bringing both kids back in to change Carter pants, bringing both kids back out to the car, bringing both kids back in to change Avery’s pants, bringing both kids back to the car, Carter smacking me IN THE FACE and then LAUGHING when I was fastening him into his car seat, bringing both kids back into the house for a Carter time out…and you see where I am going with this.

It was one of those days that tire you out – but you don’t necessarily feel that you have accomplished anything. Ever have one of those?

Sadly, I was happy that I accomplished: vacuuming (downstairs), 4 loads of laundry, cleaning the kitchen, calling Gymboree (to gripe at them for continuing to charge me for a membership that I cancelled months ago), getting a bachelorette gift for a girlfriends bachelorette party (oh yea – I brought my 3 month old to an adult store…I’m classy), talking to a friend on the phone (hi Chris!), keeping both kids from spontaneously combusting for one more day, this lame (and ridiculously boring blog post), and having dinner on the table (leftovers).

Oh my god…I just blogged about doing laundry, being pooped on and left-overs! I’M SO LAME. PLEASE SEND HELP. I NEED TO GET OUT MORE

In other news...this is why having days like this are no biggie. Their awesomeness abounds...



1 comment:

Bilbo said...

I get pooped on a lot, too...only by adults higher than I in the pecking order. And I'll have Nessa write a post for you one day that you can read to Carter about what it really means to be a "bad dog."