Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cleveland Public Theatre's Pandemonium 2010

Sometimes this mommy gets out. And this past weekend was one of those times. Chad volunteered to watch the kiddos so I could go on a hot date with my gay husband, Trad.
And what a date.
We went to the Cleveland Public Theatre’s 2010 fund raising event – Pandemonium (with a theme of "wild things"...but what seemed like “where the wild things are”). Now, I’d like to describe the event to you (and I will try) …but I seem to be having a difficult time adequately describing it.
Maybe because there was just so much going on that it’s hard to narrow it down into one blog post. Or…maybe it’s because I spent a small portion of the night…well…half in the bag (who’s the classy mom?). But let’s just assume that the reality is between both of those.

All of the CPT “campus” opened up to various types of performance art (on what seemed like a million stages), spontaneous roaming theatrical performances (the Greene/Medcalf Movement Project's 'Reflections Of ...' was potentially one of the most beautiful performances I have ever seen), an aerial dance,
a cabaret of musical and comedic performances, dance acts (Inlet's "BALListic" pretty much rocked), bands (I am now a huge Lounge Kitty fan – although…I think it would have been appropriate for them to play “It’s raining men” and I sort of wish they had), some form of a roaming marching band (very “where the wild things are” ... esque), bars (there were a lot of those too … and with some wonderful beer that I had yet to try … love you Magic Hat #9..wink wink kiss kiss), flowers from flowerville (love love this florist...), food from so many wonderful local restaurants, rappellers climbing down the side of the main building, large monster creatures wandering around ...…really…I’m having a hard time describing it all - do you see why now?
I also had the chance to hang out with some really great friends - and ruin their otherwise super-cute pictures.

I’ll leave it at – it was wonderful. A wonderful event. A wonderful theatre. And obviously, a wonderful place to see future plays (see the CTP website for a full schedule of events).

A good take away and a good thing to always remember…donate to the arts. Local and national.

A few places to read about the event:

Cleveland Public Theatre’s Website:
http://www.cptonline.org/

Spangle Magazine:
http://www.spanglemagazine.com/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=59:pandemonium&Itemid=92

Cleveland/MetroMix:
http://cleveland.metromix.com/events/photogallery/cleve-lens-pandemonium-2010/2182691/content


And, as always…I was not compensated to say these things. I did get a ticket from Trad…but that’s just because I’m fabulous – and a rockin’ date… not because I write things that people tell me to (nobody told me what to write…nobody even tried to). So take that FCC

No comments: