Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

My messy messy little man. Love love love him!

On this mother’s day, I seem to be having a hard time finding the words I want to say about being a mom. How do you effectively communicate what it means to be a mom? How do you put into words how you feel about your children and family? How can I type out the words that say how much I love Carter? How do I express how excited I am to meet our baby girl?

The answer is, I just can’t. I have tried ... I've typed it out multiple times. And I can’t make a post that says enough how much I love my family and how honored I feel to be Carter’s mommy and our soon-to-be daughters mommy. I am a very very lucky woman.

I will just say this, I love being a mom…there honestly is nothing better in the world.

And, I would like to post a quote that I have always loved:

You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus

3 comments:

Bilbo said...

Happy belated Mothers' Day!!

Karen said...

I just wanted to say hello and to introduce myself. I am another Mommy blogger from Cleveland. I haven't found too many of us so I thought I would say hello! Your little boy is adorable and congrats on the upcoming birth of your baby girl! I have a four month old baby girl and she is the love of my life. Little girls are so much fun.

Karen

Gotfam said...

Thanks Bilbo!

Karen, Happy Mothers Day to you too! Thanks for the note!