Thursday, February 11, 2010

Foot-In-Mouth-Disease

Disclaimer: Ok Ok…so I’m not perfect. I say stupid shit all the time. Stupid, inappropriate, poorly-timed shit. But, when my husband has foot-in-mouth disease when I am all pregnant…I feel this overwhelming urge to scream and punch a wall. Must be the hormones.


Here are a few examples:

Me: Honey, does it bother you that my pregnancy brain has taken over and I forget everything? Like, would you say it’s more cute…or more annoying?
Chad: Hmmm…both.
Me (as my head starts to spin and fire starts coming out of my mouth and ears): WHAT?!
Chad: Mostly cute though…mostly cute
Me: TOO LATE

--------------------------------------------
Me: I think I am off to bed
Chad: Alright, Goodnight big girl
Me: BIG WHAT?!
Chad: uhhhh
Me: DID YOU JUST CALL ME BIG GIRL?
Chad: I must have meant to say something else…what did I mean to say …umm
Me: Oh whatever
Chad: Like…big daddy…like the movie…maybe that was in my head when I said that
Me: Oh nice try

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Really? Just when you are pregnant? I have that all the time when Steve has foot in mouth. That said, you have certain allowances while you are pregnant. : )

jeff said...

Tears....tears coming down as I laugh uncontrollably at work..more, more please dumb things he says????

Gotfam said...

I could write a whole blog about stuff chad says. In his defense...it's mainly when beer is involved, or when prime time tv is on...and he isn't really paying attention to what i'm saying, or when he's texting, or emailing, or when sports are on....

jeff said...

That's his defense??!!...drinking, sports, texting and email is his WHOLE life! Therefore, you'll never run out of examples of the dumb things he says...I can't wait for more!