Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thank You

A long time ago (way pre-Chad), I had another blog. I won’t say what the address was … and I won’t say what I wrote about (it would be hard to say what I wrote about…since it was mainly random ramblings)…but I liked it. It was my own little journal, my own little spot in the world (wide web) where I could say what I wanted and feel like I had total anonymity – yet it gave me a sense of release because it was “published” somewhere. It was cool.

I got the idea to write a blog from Heather Armstrong of dooce.com. I have read her blog since she was single, living in LA and was a designer. She influenced me to start a blog and keep it updated. Monday through Friday, I would happily go to my cubicle at my corporate job at a real estate company (I say this because you should just know…it takes a lot to make you happy when you work for a real estate company…just trust me) and start up my computer to read dooce.com. And then I would hurry up and email my friends about how great dooce’s latest post was. As you can see…I worked hard at this real estate company. HARD.

Years and years and years later –Heather Armstrong’s blog has evolved into a mommy blog. And her blog is quite the force to be reckoned with. In fact, Heather was recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the 30 most influential women in media, along with Diane Sawyer and Oprah Winfrey. So, the next time you laugh when you say the words “mommy and blogger” together…you just remember – one of the most influential women in media (heather…not me…I’m sort of just a mommy blogger schmuck in the realm of things).

Maybe someday I will be bigger in the social media, mommy blogging, blogging period, or even internet world. Maybe. Regardless, I enjoy blogging. So thank you for coming to my blog. You make this blog work.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thank you. You inspired me.