Thursday, August 20, 2009

Who moves in the day after Christmas?

Some years ago, Chad and I moved into our first apartment together (as a young unmarried couple that still had a lot of growing to do together).

Now, most couples look back to their first apartment together and laugh at how small it was and how nothing worked, etc. Not us. Our first apartment was actually a beautiful townhouse with 5 bedrooms (or so the landlord said….it was more like three with some extra space in the non-heated attic), a beautifully renovated kitchen, and the two coolest neighbors ever.

We moved in, settled into our routine (get up, go to work, get home, drink, yell at each other because we were both learning how to live with someone that was more than a roommate, go to bed, and so on).

One day, one of our neighbors (who moved into their house the day after Christmas…seriously….who moves in the day after Christmas) asked if we wanted martinis in the driveway. OF COURSE WE DID…and where have these wonderful men with martinis been all of my life?! So we had martinis. And that was it. After that we hung out in their backyard for the remainder of our lease.

And even though Chad and I have been through two moves (and said neighbors keep threatening to move) we all just know that no backyard (or family room, or living room, or whatever) is too far away.

Those two wonderful men are Trad and Michael. And it just so happens to be Trad’s birthday.

Trad, I can’t tell you how lucky I feel to have met you. I’m so happy that we ended up neighbors, and more importantly that we all became friends. You are truly one of the coolest people I have ever met and I hope you have the most wonderful birthday.

We all love you very much.

And to prove it, I made a Trad birthday video (don’t judge it’s crappy-ness though…I am still learning this new program….by your next birthday the quality of videos will be much improved – I promise).

No comments: