Friday, August 7, 2009

Carter Turns One Post #2: (The One Where Mommy gets emotional)

I write this post trying not to cry. In fact, I have (shamelessly) been avoiding writing this post because it makes me want to run up stairs and wake up Carter to hug him and kiss him. But I know that will throw him off his sleep schedule and then all hell will break loose.

Carter turned one this week. One. My little baby is one. I can’t believe this year flew by so quickly. I literally feel like I blinked and he went from 3 months to 12 months old.

He was officially one August 4th at 8:46 am.

One year ago, we had no idea what we were in for. We packed up our hospital bags and drove off towards University Hospital in Cleveland Ohio with a caravan of coffee-packed soon-to-be grandparents behind us. And a few hours later, Carter Michael was born.

He was a perfect little perma-tan, blue-eyed, curly-haired bundle of surfer-looking cuteness.
I have watched his first breath, first poop (that’s important too), first bath, first smile, first roll, first laugh, first successful sit up, first squishy food, first combat crawl and normal crawl, first steps…and first birthday…


and I don’t know what could be more precious to me. I love you Carter. I love you with all of my heart. Happy First Birthday.

No comments: