Monday, July 6, 2009

Lakewood has started a mandatory recycling program

Now, on one hand – I think bravo to them. Bravo for trying to not destroy the planet, bravo for being environmentally responsible, blah blah blah.

On the other hand, I think, “are you effing kidding me…” for sending out bike cops to inspect our trash and fine us when we accidentally throw a beer bottle (haa…ok purposely throw a few hundred beer bottles) away in the normal trash.

I have a big problem with this. When you call the police with a problem…they don’t respond for a very very long time, or they act rude to you on the phone. Apparently because their officers are occupied leafing through our trash.

Maybe the problem is me. I am all for recycling (and we did recycle for a very long time...until a few months ago..I forget why we stopped - but I promise to start again soon). I just don’t want someone to tell me to recycle and punish me when I don’t. For those of us with authority problems…this causes a big big issue. So, I guess it's the cop part that I have an issue with.

We close on our house in less than 3 weeks – and I think it will take every bit of restraint to not yell 'Pacific Blue' references at the bike cops inspecting trash between now and then.

Below is Carter recycling. He says, "What's the big deal mom...just recycle already..."

No comments: