Monday, July 13, 2009

The Crossroads of the N A T I O N

Ok, now I know you’re going to be all “look Mrs. GotFam, it’s awfully early to be making fun of your new hometown … being that you haven’t even closed on your new house yet and all…”

But…I have to get this out. SOMEONE out there will think this is as funny as I do.

After google-stalking my new soon-to-be hometown tonight … I found out that it is referred to as ‘The Crossroads of the NATION.’ Ok…now, all jokes aside….ahhh haaa…ok…no…no…all jokes right up here in front.

This is hilarious to me. FREAKING hilarious. Cross Roads of the Nation. AHhhh....hAA...trying...to...take..in...breath...ahh....ok...ok.

Not Chicago, not fill-in-the-blank major metropolitan area between the east and west coast of the country…screw those wanna-be cities. My soon-to-be town of 45,000 people and one rockin’ mall…that’s where it’s at America. It’s the cross roads of our NATION.

It just reminds me of the tagline that runs through the Daily Show’s opening, “The most important news show EVER.”

Disclaimer: I do like my new soon-to-be hometown. I just think this statement is super ... super funny.

No comments: