Monday, June 29, 2009

My child has a target aversion

When we go to Target, he immediately starts to squirm around in his shopping cart seat ... he yells, he screams, he throws tantrums…he hates Target.

Maybe someone could explain to Carter that Target is one of mommy’s happy places. It’s like a magical fairy land where everything is trendy and cute … yet cheap.

Where you can buy Capri pants, diapers (for children AND adults…not that I buy the latter), shampoo, organic baby yogurt, booze, microwave pizza, new lightbulbs, new sheets, cheese or more booze. What’s not to like about that?

I like to think that when I go there – it’s my lunch date with Isaac Mizrahi. And Carter is ruining my fantasy land.

There has to be a solution to this madness.

When he is older – I’ll simply explain that if he’s not good, all of the toys mommy would have purchased for him at Target will go bye bye….ohh…and the tooth fairy will be held hostage until he is good for mommy through an entire Target trip. But I can’t reason with him yet.

No comments: