Monday, June 22, 2009

The Mistake on the Lake

40 years ago today – the Cuyahoga River caught fire in Cleveland Ohio…rendering North East ohio “the mistake on the lake” forever.

I respectfully disagree. When I was driving my little red Mazda mx6 through northeast ohio YEARS ago, I never would have thought that when it started to break down – it would be the start of the rest of my life.

I honestly thought that I was going to pack up my Mazda and move from my little college town to Boston (without having a job or apartment lined up) and be fine.

Nope – I stopped at “The mistake on the lake” to see a friend for a while … my Mazda started having issues and I decided that maybe I will find a job, get a new car – and then later move to the east coast (or London).

Well…to sum up a few years – that turned into me finding a cool job, buying a new car, staying with the cool job, meeting a really cool guy, being tempted (financially) into a new “cool” (read: shitty) job (and new SUV), and then when that second job fell apart (the company was sold/disintegrated) I desperately went to a shitty shitty huge corporation … and somewhere along the line … I got married and had a baby … all on “The mistake on the lake.”

So, the next time you hear the term – the mistake on the lake … just know – it’s not a mistake for everyone. For some people – it’s the most wonderful place on earth. Yea – I’m cheesy … judge me ... but look at my husband and son. You can't deny the cuteness.

No comments: