Thursday, May 7, 2009

Who you callin' Naughty?

When I was little, my dad would sit in the hallway and read the “Mr. Books” while my brother and I pretended to brush our teeth. Every night he would sit there and read to us while we got ready for bed – and it’s something that we looked forward to all day long.

So naturally, I wanted to find the Mr. Books (and Mrs. Books) to read to Carter. Lucky for me, my mom saves everything – including the old Mr. and Mrs. Books.

The best part is - I find them even funnier and more entertaining now. I look forward to reading them and remembering the stories and I enjoy how they are now somewhat politically incorrect.

I love how much humor and political correctness has changed since I was little (I won’t start on how much it’s changed in even older books).

I have so many examples of this phenomenon. But this one by far is my favorite. You go with your bad self little Miss Naughty. After all, as that random orange arm says…you ARE a naughty girl.

No comments: