Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'll be in the garden, eating worms...

To answer the burning question (that I keep hearing)… Yes. Yes, Chad still wants 5 kids after having Carter while I was in Florida.

When I arrived home from the airport, I somewhat expected (and selfishly hoped for) a little chaos in the house. Nope. The house was clean, in order, Carter was sleeping away happily, and the dog and cat were still alive. It was strangely perfect here…just without mommy.

I’m just going to go ahead and admit that I was somewhat disappointed. I was hoping to come home and see that the house nearly fell apart without me here. Maybe the cops had to come a few times when Carter woke up the neighbors, the fire department had to get lion…cough kitty out of a tree, perhaps the washing machine may have flooded the basement.

Nothing happened like that. NOTHING.

In fact, there were fresh flowers on the table and Carter’s laundry was done.


It's like…NOBODY NEEDS ME. I have to go wake Carter up now so he will cry and I will feel needed.

Note: I realize I promised a riveting post on the blog yesterday. I lied.

No comments: