Thursday, April 16, 2009

Public announcement

Dear Shoppers at Great Northern Mall,

I would like to take a moment to sincerely apologize for the meltdown that my son had today. I know that baby meltdowns in malls (and all public places) are very annoying. And Yes, I saw you all glaring at me while I sprint-strolled through the mall towards my car. But No, your glares do not make my son stop crying. They just make me wish that I had never glared at people with screaming children.

We are still working on sleep training and always try to have him in his crib for naps – unless there is some valid reason that we can’t have him there.

Today’s valid reason: mommy needed to get out of the house. And more specifically, mommy wanted to shop. And I fully planned to be back in time for the afternoon nap.

However, I didn’t take into consideration that with a stroller – you have to use the handicap dressing room. And I also didn’t take into consideration that some non-handicap woman was going to occupy the handicap dressing room for more than 20 minutes.

So, please accept my apology. And feel free to quietly blame the non-handicap lady (who also passed a lot of gas and made it nearly impossible to even try on the clothes that I had brought in).

Good Day

No comments: