Thursday, April 23, 2009

The child is trying to tell me something…


A few times a week – I let Carter watch a Baby Einstein DVD. He loves them. But I’m trying not to be the mom that lets my kid watch 23 hours of tv a day (yet).

When he’s watching his dvd – I run around and clean the house, drink coffee, read the news, cry about my hair, anything I want (for those glorious 30 minutes).

Here is my problem with this: he is learning things from the dvd … and I don’t know what they are. I sort of just trust that the Baby Einstein corporation isn’t teaching my child bad things.

I’m assuming he’s not going to run out and join some Baby Einstein cult by the time he’s one. Nope…I have all of the confidence in the world that anything named ‘something -Einstein’ is just good good good.
Obviously … this rule only works within reason…if “Satan Einstein” showed up at my door to babysit Carter – I may think twice.

I digress…

So I have been noticing that Carter is using some sign language. Which makes sense since his DVD is baby sign language. Problem being, I don’t know what he’s saying to me. I haven’t actually watched the video. So he could be saying “Change me woman” or “I’M STARVING” and I am saying “ohh...are you waving at mommy…you’re so cute…good boy.”

I guess it’s time I sit down and watch the video.

No comments: