Friday, March 27, 2009

The great great Uncle Lee

Last week Chad's great uncle LeRoy died. He was a very very cool guy. My favorite Lee story was from the day I met him. Chad and I were dating at the time and Chad brought me to his family's Easter dinner. I had not met most of the relatives there yet - so I felt a little shy.

Uncle Lee sat down next to me at the dinner table and started talking to me. I asked where he lived and he said, "I live in a nursing home, but it's ok with me because nursing home chicks are easy."

From that day forward - Uncle Lee was pretty awesome in my book.

I took this picture on the way to the cemetary. Right after I took the picture - I sent it to Chad and he responded, "Who's kid is that?!"

We're sad that Carter never had the chance to meet uncle Lee. But we know he would have liked him - a whole lot.

No comments: